Stamford Welland Academy officially joined the Cambridge Meridian Academies Trust (CMAT) family in October 2014. The Trust was formed with a simple and clear vision: ‘to ensure high quality education at the heart of the community.’
Details of the Trust members and directors can be found here.
Each academy within the CMAT family retains its own Academy Council (formerly local governing body), identity and individuality.
While the Trust is the employer of all staff, it has delegated powers to the Academy Councils to exercise governance arrangements for the academies within the Trust.
The Academy Council is focused upon the individual school context, monitoring standards and achievement, and their local community needs and aspirations.
- Setting strategic priorities and plans
- Monitoring standards and achievement within the school
- Ensuring Trust policies are implemented
- Engaging with all stakeholders to improve outcomes
- Supporting and positively challenging practices within the Academy, through the School Leadership Team.
Each Academy Councillor takes on the role of Champion for a particular area, in which he/she holds the Academy leadership to account by providing challenge from their local knowledge and support from their own wider experiences. The Champions link with the Trust leadership and directors to represent the interests of the Academy. The Academy Council meets as a full body six times in the year. There are no committees.
More information about the form of our Academy Council can be found here.
Stamford Welland Academy Council
Roger Moore – Chair of Academy Council, Safeguarding Champion (Term: 01/10/2014-30/09/2018)
- Any correspondence to the Chair of Academy Council should be addressed: c/o Stamford Welland Academy, Green Lane, Stamford, Lincs, PE9 1HE
- Email address of Chair of Academy Council: email@example.com
Mark Woods – CMAT Chief Executive Officer (ex officio)
Anthony Partington – Principal of Stamford Welland Academy (ex officio)
Dr. Anne Emerson – Parent Academy Councillor, SEN and Vulnerable Groups Champion (Term: 01/10/2014-30/09/2017)
David Pennell – Trust Appointed Academy Councillor, Personnel Champion (Term: 01/10/2014-30/09/2018)
Jeremy Ball – Trust Appointed Academy Councillor, Experience and Community Champion (Term: 01/10/2014-30/09/2017)
Jason Morris – Parent Academy Councillor, Premises Champion (Term: 01/10/2014-30/09/2017)
Dan Hiblin – Trust Appointed Academy Councillor, Values Champion (Term: 01/10/2014-30/09/2017)
David Champion – Trust Appointed Academy Councillor, Achievement Champion (Term: 01/10/2014-30/09/2018)
Debra Partridge – Trust Appointed Academy Councillor, Finance Champion (Term: 01/10/2014-30/09/2017)
Steve Howard – Principal of Nene Park Academy (Associate Academy Councillor, ex officio)
Please click to view academy council details and interests 2016-17
Please click to view local governing body attendance records 2015-16
Please click to view local governing body details and interests 2015-16
- Kevin Brooks, Trust Appointed, 01/10/2014-31/03/2015
- Steve Bull, Staff, 01/10/2014-31/08/2016
- Katarina Cleaver, Trust Appointed, 01/10/2014-30/09/2015
- Daniel Evans, Trust Appointed, 01/10/2014-31/07/2016
- Jonathan Selwyn, Trust Appointed, 01/10/2014-30/09/2016