Cambridge Meridian Academies Trust (CMAT) exists to provide high quality education at the heart of the community.
To reflect this, the philosophy of all CMAT schools is:
Where every child is a:
- Successful Learner who enjoys learning, makes progress and achieves
- Confident Individual who is able to live a safe, healthy and fulfilling life
- Responsible and Employable Citizen who makes a positive contribution to the communities in which they live.
Where the school is a:
- Hub for community activities and a place where people of all ages meet and integrate
- Centre for extended services for children, families and the community
- Source of immense pride for the whole community
Within this context, the purpose driving Stamford Welland Academy will be to provide high-quality learning for all so that:
Every member of our community is known, valued and supported to achieve in all areas at the highest level to become successful, confident and responsible for the pursuit of lifelong learning.
We will deliver the vision behind our purpose and values in the academic curriculum through the Stamford Welland Way
and in parallel experiences through the PLEDGES.
Each day at Stamford Welland Academy, we adopt these attitudes to our learning:
We are committed to the promotion of British Values through our curriculum and learning experiences:
- Democracy, e.g. work with local councils, student leadership roles, school elections
- Rule of law, e.g. classroom expectations, support from and for local police, using restorative approaches to address conflict
- Individual liberty, e.g. making safe choices, knowledge of rights and responsibilities, challenging extremism
- Mutual respect and tolerance of those with different faiths and beliefs and for those without faith, e.g. showing understanding to all at all times, promoting equality, challenging prejudice, anti-bullying charter, challenging prejudice, celebrating diversity, daily conduct and attitude
Further details on British Values can be found here.
Our values and vision is rooted in our work to deliver ‘Stamford Free School’. You can read more about this project here.