Special Educational Needs Support

Leader of Special Needs – Mrs Jackie Lenton


SEND Academy Councillor (Governor) Champion – Mr Mark Anderson

Contact via Academy

Local Offer

The SEN and Disability Local Offer describes what help, support and services are available for children and young people with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) and their families in Lincolnshire.

It will:

  • Include information about education, social care and health services, as well as services provided by voluntary and community groups
  • Provide information about services for children and young people with Education, Health and Care Plans, as well as those without
  • Set out clearly the criteria for getting support
  • Be published on the internet, as well as be available in other formats on request

Where can I find the ‘Local Offer’?

Lincolnshire’s Family Services Directory (FSD) is now the home of Lincolnshire’s Local Offer. The FSD provides everything you need to know about Education, Social Care, Health, information on parent support and activities for Children and young people (0-25 with a Special Educational Need and/or Disability) and their families.

If you want help finding services or help using the Local Offer call the Family Information Service on 0800 195 1635.

Stamford Welland Academy Local Information Report

As part of the new SEND Reforms, schools and local authorities must provide a description of the educational and training provision that children and young people with SEN or disabilities can expect to be provided. This then forms part of Lincolnshire’s local offer.


Schools must develop and publish more detailed information about their arrangements for identifying, assessing and making provision available for pupils with SEN. Stamford Welland Academy’ local information report can be found at the below.

Educational, Health Care Plans (EHCP)

Also known as an EHC Plan, the plans are legal documents that local authorities have to follow and include information and support about the child/young person’s special education needs, as well as health and social care where relevant. In order to receive a plan a child/young person does not need to have all 3 strands of Education, Health and Social Care needs. As long as there is an educational need they can receive a plan and if the child has any health and/or social care needs this will be incorporated as well.

The plans can start from a child’s birth and continue into further education and training (including apprenticeship, traineeships and supported internships), and for some young people until they are 25 years old. The child/young person will own the plan, but there will also be a number of support agencies working with families as well. A child/young person’s viewpoint will be sought wherever possible whatever their circumstances and ability.

There will be a new cohesive statutory assessment process, for children and young people aged 0-25, replacing the current “statementing” process. The assessment process for an EHC plan will take into account all provision that is currently put into place and the information will be gathered from all involvements for the child/young person.

For more information about EHC Plans, go to http://www.lincolnshire.gov.uk/parents/support-and-aspiration/sen-and-d-reforms/education-health-and-care-plans/

Alternatively, download the ECHP leaflet here echp-leaflet

Additional information on ECHP’s can be found in the video below:


Information on the transition from statements to EHCP can be found here. This information will also be explained within your child’s annual review meetings.

Transition Plan from LCC

SEND Information Leaflets

Some useful leaflets to help you support your child’s needs. If you require any further information please do not hesitate to contact us at the academy.